Full Time, 12 month contract
Day rate: £neg
Location: Central London
Are you passionate about using the power of good design to make digital products and services that people love?
We believe that designing great experiences goes beyond simply creating a cool app. Making omnichannel experiences that engage and reward is more complex and more subtle, demanding a particular perspective and rare set of talents. If you see the world like this too, then we’d like to talk with you!
We’re looking for a Junior User Experience Designer to join our award-winning team of thinkers and doers at our HQ in central London. We need a bright, talented person who is passionate about consumer and employee experiences and knows how to make them happen.
This is an amazing opportunity for a Junior User Experience Designer who is looking to start their career in the world of digital/UX/UI design in London. Or someone already working in UX/UI but wants to join an exceptional agency where they can grow their talents and gain commercial experience.
- You’ll work closely with our stellar team of UX designers, creatives, researchers, business stakeholders and product managers to define, design and deliver world-class experiences
- You’ll gain extensive, hands-on experience across Newt’s portfolio of clients and sectors, working on service design projects for large enterprises, big retailers and fast-moving SMEs
- You’ll be designing the overall experience and the detailed UI for apps, websites and offline experiences that will get our clients’ customers excited and employees engaged
- You’ll combine quick, creative problem-solving with a good knowledge of user experience best practices to help guide and advise our clients
- You’ll support the Lead Experience Designer on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- You’ll move quickly up the ranks as you prove your capabilities, and will be given as much responsibility as you can handle
Essential skills and qualifications
- Relevant, hands-on experience in UX design, UI design or service design. Commercial experience working as in a UX role is a bonus but not required.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree or Masters (for example User Experience Design, Service Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, HCI, a cognitive science etc)
- An analytical, problem-solving mindset with a good knowledge of user experience best practices
- Experience in applying design thinking to solve real world problems
- A thinker and a doer in equal measure
- A good communicator, verbal, visual, and written
- A quick learner – you’re happiest constantly discovering new things
- Demonstrable experience using Axure or Sketch; evidence of using either of these tools to produce prototypes of web, tablet or mobile UIs
- Role is based in central London, though occasional travel within UK may be required
- The usual productivity software, i.e. MS Office
- Good working knowledge of Google business applications (G Suite), i.e. Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Drive
Interested? Send your CV, portfolio and day rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Newt is a Service Design agency. We design original, powerful and seamless digital experiences that get people excited. Helping your business boost sales, build profitable growth and stand out from the crowd.
Newt is an Equal Opportunity employer. We hire and mentor the very best people, chosen entirely on merit, as well as cultural fit. You won’t find any red tape in this organisation keeping you down. We are committed to investing in our people, because your success is our success.
You will need to be free to live and work in the UK – sorry, we’re not able to deal with work permits at the moment.